How to Make Pork Scratchings – Great British Chefs
here’s a different method to the one we use, so maybe give it a try.
If you want to see the Hairy Bar Snacks method, click here to learn how to make pork scratchings.
1. Sprinkle the pork skin liberally with the salt and leave for 20 minutes
2. Preheat the oven to 220˚C
3. Brush the excess salt from the skin and pat dry
4. Cut the skin into 1cm strips
5. Place between 2 heavy baking trays lined with parchment paper and put in the oven with a weight on top
6. Check the skin after 20 minutes, if it is not crisp, return to the oven
7. Drain on kitchen towel and leave to cool
8. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Looking for the perfect pork scratchings? Read this article from Great British Chefs for ways to ensure crispy scratchings every time
Source: How to Make Pork Scratchings – Great British Chefs