HOW TO MAKE PORK SCRATCHINGS: The Hairy Bar Snacks way.
- How to make Pork Scratchings? – Attempt #2, The perfect simple recipe, with loads of pictures.
- Homemade Pork Scratchings Recipe? – Attempt #1, – The ‘not perfect’ recipe! But still with pictures.
HOW TO MAKE PORK SCRATCHINGS: Other ways we have found.
- Just Cook It’s Homemade Pork Scratchings – Part One
- Just Cook It’s Homemade Pork Scratchings – Part Two
- Pork Scratchings the Brenchley Way
- How do you make ‘proper’ pork scratchings?
- UK TV Good Food Channel – pork scratchings recipe
UK PRODUCERS & STORES:
- NEW: Porkitos – If you want to give your taste-buds a stroll down memory lane then dig into a bag of their crispy bites. They use modern technology and the finest ingredients to bring you a tasty, traditional snack that will take you back to the good times.
- Awfully Posh Snacks – Using the highest quality outdoor bred pigs, with only sea salt added.
- Coan Scratchings – Hand cooked in the heart of the Black Country to a traditional recipe packed in 70g bags of flavour.
- Ace Pub Supplies – Ace Pub Supplies manufactures Q Pork Scratchings, crackling, crunch and a variety of snacks and cleaning products in the heart of the Black Country.
- Freshers Foods – Based in Wigan, Lancashire, UK. Freshers Foods Ltd specialise in producing high quality traditional British snacks. They also have a good History page written by Julie Openshaw.
- Green Top Snacks – Established in 1974 by John Edwards. In those early days John used to supply local publicans with pork scratchings he made out the back of his butchers shop in Pesall.
- G j Simmonds & Sons – Graham, the founder of the company, started his working life as a butcher, working for a butcher who produced all typed of foods including sausage, pressed meats and of course Pork Scratchings.
- Maguire Snacks – a family operated business based in Beragh, County Tyrone. They presently supply two types of product (Pork Crunch and Pork Crackling) to licensed retailers throughout Northern Ireland.
- Midland Snacks – Based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, since 1981, Midland Snacks UK is an established and successful, privately owned company which is well known and respected within the industry. We produce traditional "Black Country" Pork Scratchings and Pork Crunch made only from the best quality Danish rind.
- Nibblers – Nibblers are a leading supplier of premium quality Snack products to the on trade.
- Red Mill – Mr Porky is the UK’s leading savoury pork snack, selling around 20 million packs every year. Mr Porky holds the accolade of being the first pork scratching to reach both the North and South poles when it was selected as an ‘essential expedition snack’ by explorer David Hempleman-Adams, it was also the first pork scratching to appear as a cover-mounted give away in FHM magazine!!
- Rick’s Foods – Rick’s Foods is a supplier of quality food for licensed premises in the East Midlands. With competitive prices delivered direct to your door.
- Shakey’s Scratchings – John Shakespeare opened Shakey’s for business in 1997, and has been personally serving the licensed trade in Dorset, Devon, Hampshire, Sussex and Wiltshire ever since.
- Uncle Alberts – Different products to suit different tastes, All traditionally hand cooked and carefully seasoned to perfection.
Their mission is to supply the Licensed Trade with the best quality products, attractively packaged,
at competitive prices via a network of dedicated specialist van sales distributors.
- Westones Wholesale Ltd – they market their own brand of traditional Pork Scratchings. The brand has been under manufacture for almost 15 years now, and is extremely popular locally and nationally. Westones pork scratchings have won awards from the Daily Express after being recommended by CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ale) for being the best pork scratchings on the market.
- KVE & Pan Cooked Snacks – The official website of the Award Winning Pan Cooked Pork Cracklins. On this site you can find out more information about our products and the history behind them, purchase products online and get in contact with us.
- Whittles Crisps – Based in Tipton in the West Midlands, near the heart of the ‘Black Country’ canal network. Their range of products caters exclusively for the coeliac (wheat-intolerant) sector. Whittles is part of the wider KVE group.
- Yorkshire Produce – A small family business in the Yorkshire area that produce their own cooked meats. They are testing the water with some of their produce, see the review.
US PRODUCERS & STORES: not really playing the game, but worth knowing about!
- Rudolph Foods – Light brown in color, they are crunchy with a true smoked bacon flavour. Also – Microwave Pork Rinds!
- Evans Food – Pork cracklins are another favorite with a hearty crunch and distinct bacon flavour. Similar to pork rinds, they are produced from pellets, which are cooked pork skins. However, cracklin pellets are unmistakable in the fact that they are made from thicker and meatier raw material. By virtue of the fact they are popped from a denser pellet they are more substantial than pork rinds with a decisively robust crunch & flavor.
- Microwave Pork Rinds – Whatever next!.
- Shearer’s – manufactures and distributes award winning chips and snacks.
- Carolina Country Snacks
& porkskins.com – Home of Low Carb pork rinds and pork skins… They cook and package daily for our enjoyment!
AUSTRALIAN PRODUCERS & STORES:
- Poppa Porkys – Poppa Porkys based in Western Australia, produce and distribute quality products including: pork crackle, safari biltong, hot chow and beef jerky.
NZ PRODUCERS & STORES:
- The Original Pork Scratchings Company – The founding fathers of the Original Pork Scratchings Company are a couple of Wellington boys who discovered pork scratchings on their OE to the UK. After becoming connoisseurs of English pubs while sampling local brews and bar snacks, a consensus was reached that pork scratchings were the highlight of British cuisine.
- SNIKS PORK CRACKLE – tasty bite-sized, mouth watering pieces of seasoned pork crackle/scratchings made in Cambridge, New Zealand.
DANISH PRODUCERS & STORES:
- lyka snacks – A Danish producer!
DUTCH PRODUCERS & STORES:
- Wilthagen vleeswaren b.v. – A producer from Holland, Wilthagen products is a modern foods company, they produce pork rinds and the modern bacon snack.
FANSITES / REVIEWS:
- Pork Scratching World – The site aims to be a repository of all things Scratchular, with links, reviews, information.
- PorkRind.com – Hmmm, if what they show was made in America, you can keep em! Rinds obviously is not Scratchings!
- Paul Gray – was half way through his packet of Best Ever Mr Porky Pork Scratchings, he was shocked to discover a beautiful gem of a scratching. click here to take a look at it!
- Just Cook It, Home made pork scratching recipe – part 1
- Just Cook It, Home made pork scratching recipe – part 2
- Well Hung Meat – A recipe for how to make pork scratchings. Hooray!
- The Passionate Cook – A recipe for Yellow-fin tuna steaks stuffed with pork scratchings.
- Rate Beer – Rate the beer you drink!
- Bottled Beer Database! – they are all there, well probably!
- Full Pint – Pub Reviews.
- Random Pub Finder – For those times when you need a little help.
- C.A.M.R.A. – The Campaign for Real Ale.
- Passport to the Pub – a guide to British pub etiquette.
- Wikipedia definition of Pork Scratchings – The Pork Scratching definition, written For Us By Us.
- Wikipedia definition of Pork Rinds – The Pork Rinds definition.
- Wiktionary definition of Pork Scratchings – excellent.
- The Pork Scratching Diet – Weight watchers in the US have discovered a novel way to diet – by eating pork scratchings – WHATEVER!
- H2G2 – h2g2 is an unconventional guide to life, the universe and everything, an encyclopaedic project where entries are written by people from all over the world, including the mighty scratching!
- Pork Scratchings in parliament – Even in the lofty heights of british power, are people talking about our salty friends!
- Origins of the word ‘Crackling’ – Some nutters having a chat about where the word came from (if its good enough to believe some bloke down the pub, then why not here on the interweb).
- All you ever wanted to know about… – Microwavable Pork Rinds.
- In defense of the pork rind –
- Dolores Brand Pickled Pork Rinds – This is just plain wrong! however, but a rather humourous review! (scroll down the page, as it’s in the middle)
- Encarta definition – MSN more money than they know what to do with, maybe they should get some researchers? A very poor definition.
- Scratchings Blog!
- Madonna and child – Make up your own mind, if you think this is a sign from God!
- Man walks into a pub – a most excellent pub book.
- Welcome to the New Forest National Park they do have a sense of humour.
- The Pork Scratching Society they dont seem to have many members, so give him a hand.
- Chad’s Unplanned Journey :: Wolverhampton :: The Forgotten Night Out :: This looks like a pretty good evening out in a british pub!
- Icons of England Make your vote count.
- Smoked Turkey Recipe – Find fresh and delicious recipes like smoked turkey, steaks, tamales and boneles Ribeye from mlonestasteaks.com. Lone Star Steaks is dedicated to giving you the best smoked Recipes possible..