PORK SCRATCHING LINKS:
This list has been collated over the years. If you spot an error, please contact us and let us know.
FANSITES / REVIEWS:
- Pork Scratching World (doesn’t seem to be being maintained, but is still live)- The site aims to be a repository of all things Scratchular, with links, reviews, information.
- PorkRind.com (dead link now) – Hmmm, if what they show was made in America, you can keep em! Rinds obviously is not Scratchings!
- PorkCrackling.co.uk – A new site by… me! Coming Soon.
HOW TO MAKE PORK SCRATCHINGS:
The Hairy Bar Snacks way.
- How to make Pork Scratchings – Oven Attempt #2, The perfect simple recipe, with loads of pictures.
- How to make Pork Crackling in a Frying Pan – Frying Pan Attempt #1, – The perfect recipe! But pay attention, there are a few things you need to pay attention to.
Other ways / Recipes
- Just Cook It’s Homemade Pork Scratchings – Part One
- Just Cook It’s Homemade Pork Scratchings – Part Two
- Pork Scratchings the Brenchley Way
- The Passionate Cook – A recipe for Yellow-fin tuna steaks stuffed with pork scratchings.
- Rate Beer – Rate the beer you drink!
- Bottled Beer Database! (dead link now) – they are all there, well probably!
- Full Pint – Pub Reviews.
- Random Pub Finder (dead link now) – For those times when you need a little help.
- C.A.M.R.A. – The Campaign for Real Ale.
- Passport to the Pub – a guide to British pub etiquette.
- Wikipedia definition of Pork Scratchings – The Pork Scratching definition, written For Us By Us.
- Wikipedia definition of Pork Rinds – The Pork Rinds definition.
- Wiktionary definition of Pork Scratchings – excellent.
- The Pork Scratching Diet – Weight watchers in the US have discovered a novel way to diet – by eating pork scratchings – WHATEVER!
- H2G2 – h2g2 is an unconventional guide to life, the universe and everything, an encyclopaedic project where entries are written by people from all over the world, including the mighty scratching!
- Pork Scratchings in parliament – Even in the lofty heights of British power are people talking about our salty friends!
- Origins of the word ‘Crackling’ (dead link) – Some nutters having a chat about where the word came from (if its good enough to believe some bloke down the pub, then why not here on the interweb).
- All you ever wanted to know about… – Microwavable Pork Rinds.
- Dolores Brand Pickled Pork Rinds – This is just plain wrong! however, but a rather humorous review! (scroll down the page, as it’s in the middle)
- Encarta definition (dead link – archived page used) – MSN more money than they know what to do with, maybe they should get some researchers? A very poor definition.
- Scratchings Blog! (dead link – archived page used)
- Madonna and child – Make up your own mind, if you think this is a sign from God!
- Man walks into a pub – a most excellent pub book.
- Welcome to the New Forest National Park (dead link – archived page used) they do have a sense of humour.
- The Pork Scratching Society (dead link – archived page used) – They don’t seem to have many members, so give them a hand.
- Chad’s Unplanned Journey :: Wolverhampton :: The Forgotten Night Out :: This looks like a pretty good evening out in a British pub!
- Icons of England (dead link – archived page used) Make your vote count.
- Smoked Turkey Recipe (dead link) – Find fresh and delicious recipes like smoked turkey, steaks, tamales and boneless Ribeye from mlonestasteaks.com. Lone Star Steaks is dedicated to giving you the best-smoked Recipes possible.