How to make Salmon Scratchings (for the fish lovers)
aka - Crispy Fried Salmon Skin
Yes, yes, I know, it's hard to believe, but not everyone eats meat. It's hard to believe that there are people out there who don't eat pork scratchings, but there we are, lol.
Frankly, we could all do with eating a little less meat. there are loads of reasons... animal welfare, your health and obviously, to save the planet.
Some people don’t eat red meat or pork products, they are called pollotarians (they generally eat all forms of poultry).
If that's your thing, then you need our chicken scratchings recipe.
Vegetarians & Vegans
Some people don't eat any animal meat, they are called vegetarians.
Some people don't eat any food derived from animals and do not use other animal products, they are called vegans.
If that's your thing, then you need to look for these Meat free scratchings.
Some people don't eat meat but do eat fish, they are called pescatarians.
You have come to the right place. Read on.
How to make Salmon Scratchings (Crispy Fried Salmon Skin Recipe)
- 1 ceramic dish - To cook the salmon
- 1 Small Ceramic Dish - To cook the skin
- 2 100g fillets Skin on Salmon Fillets - obviously
- 2 medium White Onions - or red if you prefer
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Chilli Infused Oil - we make our own, it's easy
Prepare the Salmon & Onions
- Peel and roughly chop the onions
- Put the chopped onions in a ceramic dish with a little cooking oil
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down in the dish and cook in the oven 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
The Salmon Skin
- Turn the salmon fillets over and peel off the skin. It will be slightly cooked and soft and will have been flavoured by the onions. The Salmon will not be fully cooked so you will need to return this to the oven as needed.
Prepare the Salmon Skin
- Flavour the skin with a little chilli oil and salt